Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is growing at an alarming rate. With more and more cases being reported, health care professionals are sounding an alarm. To curb the problem, it is very important to spread awareness. ADHD in children is most common and so it is important for parents and teachers to get accustomed with the disorder. Read this article to know the top 5 facts associated with ADHD in children.
1. What brings about ADHD in children: ADHD is considered to be partly genetic and partly acquired. Like many harmful disorders, genes play a very decisive role in the onset of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder too. Research has shown that children who get ADHD from their parents, have thinner brain tissues at places that are responsible for attentiveness. As a result, the disorder sets in. Apart from being genetic, ADHD can also result from head injuries, though such cases are very rare. Other social, emotional and physiological conditions like death of a loved one, separation and relocation can result in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
2. Treatment of ADHD in children: Since children are very susceptible to illnesses, the treatment of ADHD should be done carefully. It has been seen that chemical drugs that are used to cure ADHD often induce a host of side-effects like irregular blood pressure, breathing problems and nausea. Therefore, a lot of parents are now abandoning these tried and tested medicines and opting for alternative treatments like homeopathy and herbal remedies. ADHD can also be controlled by introducing proper diets and dietary supplements, exercise and maintenance of an overall healthy lifestyle.
3. The major symptoms: There are three major symptoms of ADHD in children. These are inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. In some cases, the child shows any one of the symptoms and in other cases, there can be a combination of two or three of the symptoms. It is, however, very important to note here that a child cannot be diagnosed with ADHD till they exhibit the symptoms for at least 6 months.
4. Conditions accompanying ADHD: Since ADHD causes inattentiveness and hyperactivity in children, an affected child can face several learning and behavioral problems along with ADHD. For instance, due to their inability to pay attention, the child becomes a slow learner and finds it difficult to keep up with the class. As they are hyperactive and impulsive, they may act in certain ways that would seem inappropriate to others. This results in them becoming outcasts.
5. How to diagnose ADHD: There is no fixed or standard method of diagnosing ADHD. In order to correctly detect the syndrome in the child, several individuals, including the parents, teachers, babysitters, doctors and therapists have to work together. The complete social and psychological background has to be studied to determine accurately whether the child is affected by ADHD or the symptoms are due to other factors.
With this basic information on ADHD in children, you can surely combat the disorder with more confidence. It is important to know the various aspects of ADHD and the correct treatment. So go ahead and learn more about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and open the doors to a healthy life that your child can enjoy.
Want to know the best natural solution available for ADHD? Dr. Spencer Jones is a medical doctor and a passionate researcher of natural ADHD treatments. Read more about his findings on the safest and most effective ADHD Natural Treatment here at – http://www.ADHD-Natural-Treatments.com